Need Help Identifying These

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Identifying These

I recently purchased a piece of land which has a dry Creek bed on it. I have picked up around 100 of these at this point and would like to learn something about them. Possibly age and use if anyone knows it. Thank you so much.

#5 seems to be a trade "Blank" preform.
    The others appear to be expedient tools, functionality of being used at site of need and left there.
    It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
    It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
    Circa:1982

Comment

Cool, what State?
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• arrowguy
        arrowguy commented
        Editing a comment
        Texas... Just outside of San Antonio

Thank you so much for your response. I just started and am totally hooked. I will post more of my finding later. Check out this weird rock I found yesterday

Comment

Another one. Found this one 2 days ago..

Comment

Looks like the material might be from Texas, not sure and if you have picked up that many pieces you may be in a manufacturing site. It would help to know what state they are from and some more pieces like the last piece. It looks like a Morrow Mountain that we find in our area, South East Ga. but they are several rounded base points here and that one is pretty beat up and could be something different.
          South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• arrowguy
            arrowguy commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi, thanks for your response. I appreciate it. I am finding these in a 500ft X 200ft rock bank just adjacent to a bend in a creek. Just outside San Antonio, TX. I have found many like the rock in picture five. Some as large as five pounds, definitely beat on the ends.. Could they be axes or hammers

Check out the color on this one. I think its a scraper.. Very worked rounded edges

Comment

Working...
          X