Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Missouri find. Request assistance with point ID.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Missouri find. Request assistance with point ID.

I havnt been able to get out much with deer season going on but I did get out the other day before I got busy with rifle season. I found these broken points in the river bottoms of west central Missouri surface finds on eroded banks and was curious if the one point that is most complete could be identified? I know it's in rough shape but I've been trying to practice point ID. Ive attempted to research it and am leaning toward Dickson...I've read that the Dickson point is associated with the Hopewell culture and Hopewell artifacts have been found in the same area...but so have Adenas. I am still learning and any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tim

Looks like a good call and nice finds.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• armyman5k
      armyman5k commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the comment/help. Its greatly appreciated!!

Boy, you MO guys really find some great points! I don't know enough about either to make a good call but some of the MO guys are sure to chime in. Congrats on the finds!
    Child of the tides

Comment

Dickson, cool find!
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Nice find and congratulations on the correct call, not that I knew.....🙂
        South Dakota

Comment

Tell me about it with the deer hunting . There is a cotton field and corn field I am drooling over . Meat boxes everywhere .
          so bummed .
          Deb is right those MO finds are great .
          Nice points .

Comment

• armyman5k
            armyman5k commented
            Editing a comment
            I shot a decent 8 point buck archery hunting then made a little time to get out and hunt artifacts then I filled my rifle tag with a nice 8 point buck yesterday afternoon so I hope to have more time for my other favorite hunting now...one of my favorite spots just finally had the beans cut and looks like they are discing them after theyre cut so maybe some good artifact hunting soon :-) Most of my finds come from erosion lines after high water though...not in the fields.
        Working...
        X