My neighbor gave me this obsidian point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My neighbor gave me this obsidian point

My neighbor gave me this point and said that he found it in the High Sierra mountains of California. I have no reason to believe that he's pulling my leg and I presume that it's authentic, but I thought that I would see if anyone from that area could tell me what kind of point it might be. As always, any/all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tim

Hey Tim. That's a generous neighbor you have. Obsidian is found throughout N. CA. Judging by that third photo, looks like it has an odd twist, or are my eyes playing tricks? Can you take some photos in natural light? Love the luster unique to obsidian. Nice gift!
    Child of the tides

Comment

• armyman5k
      armyman5k commented
      Editing a comment
      there's nothing wrong with your vision...it does have a weird twist to it. I will try to get some better pics of it loaded later this evening. Thank you for the comment!

Deb's right Tim. Ya gots a good neighbor and what appears to be an authentic point. Someone from that area will probably be able to help as it's way way out of my area. Nice point though.
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

You wonder how that would ever fly straight?
      South Dakota

Comment

• Havenhunter
        Havenhunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Makes a great back scratcher though.

• armyman5k
        armyman5k commented
        Editing a comment
        Designed to shoot around corners I think lol
    Working...
    X