What is this? Read All please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this? Read All please

I found this along with a few other things inside a dry creek bed on Bexar Co. TX today. The hole caught my interest... But then as I started to wipe it down a very black color came off onto rag and the rock turned solid black (last pictures), except for an area on the base which looks to be different. The hole looks perfectly drilled. Stone is very solid despite the fact that it gives off so much black residue.

It might be Graphite? looks drilled to me possible bead.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Graphite makes sense. Does the hole go all the way through? Interesting find.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• arrowguy
        arrowguy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank yall for checking it out. I appreciate it vet much. The hole stops just shy of the bottom

We have several graphite deposits and mines in RI. The natives here used it and were still using one major deposit when the English arrived. But, I'm not certain that is actually graphite. Could be, or could be a carbon rich rock, like shale for instance. It does look drilled, and I thought at first that the hole went all the way through.

There are plenty of graphite deposits in Texas.
      Last edited by CMD; 11-17-2017, 07:54 AM.
      Rhode Island

Comment

Part of a battery lol?? Bottom part inside of a AA battery??
        Professor Shellman
        Tampa Bay

Comment

Working...
        X