South TX core of some kind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South TX core of some kind?

From the middle of Atascosa County. Thanks for any information or opinion anyone may have. Been picking up just about anything and everything for years. Exciting to learn some things are actually something. Thanks again

WM - Not sure about a core but they are definitely waste material from artifacts.
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Worth collecting to me . I have a jar of them and I bet you found those where you found that nice point .
      Signs of more to come .

Comment

possible scrapers,but cant really see the edges clearly
        if not scrapers then debitage(waste from the knaping process )

them two pieces look to be different grades of pedernales flint
        the yellowish ones is some of the best of that flint, one of my favs to work with.have about 50 lbs of it sitting in buckets right now just waiting to be hit

Comment

Most of these are from one spot. There are a few small areas I gathered most of my collection. One little mound on a creek I would like to excavate Thanks for the comments

Comment

More

Comment

Nice Adena’s in the first pic . I would dig there .

Comment

Tam; The one's in my hand? I have collected from the surface for 40 years. Just started trying to identify anything.
                I've never dug. I have a spot 20'x40' and like 3'-12' thick. It's on the outside curve of a creek. Any suggestions on getting started? I have equipment I could do a lot of damage with.
                Thanks for the comment. I you have an opinion on anything else I appreciate it.

Comment

Warren start a new post with the artifacts and tell us about them please. Those are some nice finds.
                  TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
                  X