X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need I.D

found in Central IL.
       Attached files 

here's another pic of it with some other points I found the same day..... Any I.Ds would help!! thank you.
       Attached files 

Comment

What you have is a knife, has some large percusion flakes taken off it; with secondary edge work. It looks Archaic to me but these were made from Paleo tell replaced with steel blades. Would like to see the back side? Looks to be made of Burlington Chert.
      Jack

Comment

I think Jack nailed it. Very nice piece.
        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Thank you... I arrowhead hunt everyday where I live and find points all the time. I'm going to post a map where I arrowhead hunt. Enjoy and I would like to thank you guys for helping me I.d what Ive found. besides finding arrowheads and artifacts I enjoy learning the history of the Shawnee Indians that basically lived in my back yard. And I am care full be be respectful of the history of the rem nits of a great civilization   
          that was driven from there land.
             Attached files 

Comment

Damn Layton dont tell people were you hunt!!! :woohoo: Real sweet knife and LOVE that last photo!

Comment

Absolutely! Do not post a map unless you enjoy people invading your area that you hunt. You would have to be out there everyday running people off or having them arrested for trespass!
              JEZZZZZ you sure got a good place.
              Now if you invite some of us make it understood that it is not an open invitation to come anytime. Just when it is convenient to you.
              Do you DIG?
              Really like that turkeytail. I'm surprized "Turkeytail" did not comment on it.
              Bone2stone
              It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
              It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
              Circa:1982

Comment

Thats the last photo I was speaking of, I wouldnt miss that one!!!
                turkeytail wrote:

Damn Layton dont tell people were you hunt!!! :woohoo: Real sweet knife and LOVE that last photo!

Comment

Working...
                X