Birdpoint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birdpoint?

Is this some type of birdpoint? If so what type and material? The reason I am asking if it's a arrowhead is in the picture from the side notice the tip isn't very straight and would not be good for shooting straight and accurately for a small target in my opinion. Also I have included more pics of my last post harahay. wet and dry. I tried removing the gunk from this point by boiling it for every bit of 20 mins and also using dawn dish soap and a tooth brush but to no prevail.

This one was hidden pretty good can you spot it? Sorry for the low quality picture it is a screenshot. All of my finds up till now we're just recorded on snap chat so they are real short and sweet I was just doing it to shut my buddy's up about saying I was buying them at the truck stop. I am working on putting them all into one video and uploading it to youtube I will post link when complete. As for future finds I will make the videos longer and a little more enjoyable. Thanks for checking out my post, Happy trails and good luck on your hunt.

Comment

Nice little point! Definitely an arrowhead.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

If it were found here in Arkansas I would call it a Madison .... woodland into mississian time frame
        As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
        NW Arkansas

Comment

And if it were found in Tn - I'd probably call it a Madison as well. That 2nd point looks very similar to the Nodena we can find here in Tn. By the By, KP94, I wouldn't do a lot of cleaning on those points. I usually rinse them down and use an old wash cloth to wipe the impacted clay off. I don't want to take a chance on destroying any of the patina. Also - can you tell if that 2nd point has a flaking pattern on it? The Nodena we find here will often have an oblique flaking pattern.
          Last edited by Scorpion68; 12-12-2017, 03:44 PM.
          Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Thank you for all the help I appreciate it! I have a book to help identify points but I have a hard time being certain a lot of them don't look much different but I am getting better. And on the flaking it is hard for me to tell so I took the best pictures I could. Also thank you for informing me to not scrub off patina, upon further research I learned it causes some to question authenticity and devalues the piece, not that I would ever sell.

Comment

Working...
            X