Just rocks??? found in MI and Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just rocks??? found in MI and Ohio

Hello:My names Klynn and I'm from Southeastern, Michigan. Over the last couple of months, I've found a couple interesting items (well, what I consider to be interesting, as a newbie...I have very little experience collecting and/or distinguishing natural materials from materials potentially, worked by man). I'm sure most of my finds aren't anything more then interesting rocks but I'd truly, appreciate any feedback.

Most of the items were found near Lake Erie with the exception of a couple items that I retrieved while visiting family in Logan, Ohio near Hocking Hills (in an area currently being prepared for construction). I've attached a couple pictures...again, I appreciate your time/feedback.

Your photo labeled Monroe MI is a keeper for sure! I'm not familiar with the points in your region but there are some who are & will likely chime in.
    Welcome from SE VA!
    Child of the tides

Comment

Welcome!! YEs, the first pic is an artifact. Good eye. It's a hafted knife or scraper probably made from a larger, more perfect point that was reworked a few times.
      Professor Shellman
      Tampa Bay

Comment

Agree. Can you take pictures of both sides outside in natural light and give us some idea of size either a measurement or a coin in the photo.
        And Welcome!
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

First one, as others have pointed out, is a point indeed! Others are just rocks. Good job and welcome.😀

Comment

Welcome Aboard Klynn3. Glad you're here. Agree with everyone so far. Number 6 looks to be some kind of bone and, although I have absolutely no idea what it is, number 4 looks mighty interesting. I'll keep an eye on this post to see if someone can identify it.
            Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Welcome from southwestern Ontario.

The first item is an artifact. I would classify it as an Early Archaic Bifurcate (ca. 8900-8000 B.P.) on Upper Mercer Chert.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
              X