Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More ?tools? found at buffalo jump site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More ?tools? found at buffalo jump site.

I found these 3 at the base of a buffalo jump. They look very used on the edges. Were they expedient tools used in meat processing. All help greatly appreciated

Based on where you found them AG, I'd say it's a good probability.
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• arrowguy
      arrowguy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much for checking it out

There is only one cliff for miles. I am beginning to think they may have congregated there.

Comment

Agree. Can you imagine the site when these were used?
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• arrowguy
        arrowguy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for taking a look Sir. Is there any time period clues in the way they were made?

They look to be some kind of heavier use tools very possibly for just what you say...expedient tools...as far as the time era I really don't know. I would think before the horse became part of the culture but maybe if the opportunity was right they still did that with horses. I'm gonna do some research on that. Nice finds man...
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Nice finds. The top one in the first picture that comes to a point is the kinda thing i look for. The larger one at the bottom of the picture is hand axe in shape and i can see the `blade` edge to it. No expert here tho.... As Greg said ` can you imagine them being used there?` awesome
        If You Know Your History You Can Predict The Future

Comment

Great artifacts.

Based on the proximity of your finds one can well imagine how these tools would have been used in the process of butchering.

Comment

Working...
          X