Missouri surface find yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missouri surface find yesterday

Found these in west central Missouri yesterday while searching low water erosion areas. I was wondering if the one that appears to be incomplete could be a Pipe Creek point http://www.projectilepoints.net/Points/Pipe_Creek.html or is it a small preform that just didn't get finished? I don't have any idea on the other point yet so feedback is welcome,...thank you for looking and for assistance.

Comment

• willjo
      willjo commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure what they are but some of those points with that blue tint to them are really nice.

I don’t believe they r pipe creek I think the other tang was exspelled during resharppening .... JMO
    As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
    NW Arkansas

Comment

• armyman5k
      armyman5k commented
      Editing a comment
      I hadn't considered that. Thanks for the comment.

Army - that whole point on the right in your 1st pic has a chisel type point. The one blade side has been reworked. My gut says it was repurposed as a cutting tool. The light brown point has what appears to be an impact fracture just above the shoulder. Due to the even patina on it's surface, I would say the break is more recent rather than ancient. Maybe JoshinMo can help with the Id.
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• armyman5k
      armyman5k commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the comment!

I agree both are completed and reworked, mostly on one side. That larger one is SCHWEEEET. Love to see the work on those. Thanks for showin'.
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

• armyman5k
      armyman5k commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the compliment and comment.

Great finds.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• armyman5k
      armyman5k commented