Hello From Indiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello From Indiana

Hello Everyone! I live in Southwestern Indiana and have been walking fields in Indiana & Illinois since I was a boy. Most of my collection came from sites along the Wabash, White, and Embarrass Rivers.
    I came to this site in hopes of finding experienced collectors who are willing to share their knowledge.
    I have been able to identify,through research, most of the projectile points I have found but have never had much luck identifying many of the very interesting, yet more uncommon artifacts.
    I have hundreds of pieces I would love to learn more about and I hope members of this site will help educate me.
    I am attaching a pic of a fine piece of workmanship and will be anxiously awaiting responses from all of you. Thanks

Welcome to the forum. I have no idea what that is.
    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Welcome Red from Northwestern Indiana.
      Interesting piece, where did you find that? Hope someone can help you out, cause I'm clueless.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

it may be modern have a look at these! http://ringsofstone.com/index_files/ring601.htm
        I never saw anything ancient like the one you have here in the North Eastern US. Maybe someone lost thier wedding band at your hunt site?
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

5 3/4" diameter

Comment

I'm from Southwestern Indiana and piece was found in Lawrence Co. Illinois (Embarras River)

Comment

your finger on the standing shot is decptive. The items looks smaller must be camera angle.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Richard
                Can you put a ruler next to it. It is not like any U.S. material I have seen.
                This looks like a Capsian Tradition artifact that may have been found on an African Neolithic site in the Sahara Desert in Mali, Northwest Africa. If that is what it is it was fashioned by ancient man between 8,500 and 6,500 years ago.
                There are a lot of unscrupulous sellers out there that are pawing off African Neolithic material as Native American. I saw this at the Temple show where there were some sellers selling Neolithic Lithics that looked liked Perdez as Perdeze, we had to pen their ears back for them.
                The one below was found in Mali.

Jack

Comment

I bought an entire collection from the widow of a farmer in Illinois that I used to hunt on.  The majority of stuff was accompanied by well-kept journals dating back to the 50's but there were a couple frames full of very interesting stuff that was not documented and I had never seen before.  I recently asked the women if she knew anything about them and she did not.  I was at a loss to what they might be until I found this website and you and another gentleman (Cliff) have been kind enough to share your knowledge.  I would like to show you pics of the stuff to see if you could further educate me regarding their origins, etc..

Comment

Richard
                    We would love to see the items you have and help you if we can.
                    Jack

Comment

Attachment C:\fakepath\100_2268.jpg not found

Attachment C:\fakepath\100_2269.jpg not found

Comment

Comment

Interesting stuff. The pipe I can't tell any thing from the pic. The other stuff appears to be Meso American except for the first one. I am not sure it is an artifact, hope some others will chime in. Better pics of all would help.
                          Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Working...
                          X