Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yay just found a point! Or is it a tool?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay just found a point! Or is it a tool?

I just found this awesome tip to something.. It was in a field about 100yds off Cibolo Creek in S. Texas... I notice the break has the same patina as the rest. Is this a scraper or a section of an arrowhead. I dug around for the rest of it, but not to be found. Either way I love this artifact.

Hey man nice grab!!! Hard to say just what it is or was in that state but it is absolutely a point of some kind. Looks like about most of my collection up here in plow land...good job dude...
    The chase is better than the catch...

Comment

Could you imagine if it was complete? Yeah, I know that's about all you can do but a nice find.
      Searching the fields of Northwest Indiana and Southwestern Michigan

Comment

Oh man nice find . You know that is a nice tip . Really pretty lithic . Like Greg said can you imagine if that were whole .
        great artifact in deed .
        I learned from a good leader on here that if it’s the same patina it’s an ancient break .

Comment

It's a broken knife point and that's about all one can say about it.

Comment

Agree with Sailor - looks to be a broken knife tip. Nice find though - it must have been rather big. Would love to see the whole thing. AG - ya need to go back and find the rest of it - - - :-)
            Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Thank y'all so much for the help. I looked and looked for the other piece... Then I realized the break was so old. Makes me wonder if they broke it while making it

Comment

Nice broken piece. Good looking material.

Comment

Great artifact find. Keep looking in the area. Where there is one generally means more. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowguy View Post
                    Thank y'all so much for the help. I looked and looked for the other piece... Then I realized the break was so old. Makes me wonder if they broke it while making it
                    Or the hunt . Some points I have found have fractures down the sides , so unlike a bullet in soft tissue if it hit bone ... I have a book AG that actually shows what fractures look like ,
                    it happens .

Comment

Very nice. That profile looks like a drop point knife that any modern day knife maker would produce. Click image for larger version

Name:	knife_blade_point.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	280518
                      Bruce
                      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• Hoss
                        Hoss commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Drop point my favorite type blade.
                    Working...
                    X