Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	282560 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180127_103634_HDR.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	282561

Found in a Pacific Northwest River

Comment

Welcome to arrowheads.com. Is there any way you can get better pictures in focus?
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

It could be a bead, but like Hoss said, we need to be able to see the hole better from both ends.
        South Dakota

Comment

Found in a river in the N'West and seeing what looks to be in proportion to a quarter and the oblong shape...maybe a lost net weight? Post some pics in outdoor light if ya can...interesting looking find...
          The chase is better than the catch...
          I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Kai - It reminds me of a sinker we use for fishing. Watch your focus - your camera is focusing on the background rather than the object you want it to.
          Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Think it's too big for a bead, unless it's a pendant. Looks like some sort of weight or sinker. Neat.
            Child of the tides

Comment

• BabaORiley
              BabaORiley commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe a bead used by the NA ancient race of giants...huh? huh?

I’m unsure of the size/heft of it, but I have seen something similar that was used by Laplanders as a sort of weapon/hunting device. Similar to the way the Gauchos in South America use bolos, two rocks with a string tied between, used for throwing at birds and small animals...
            I've used a home made version that wasn’t stone, but fashioned after what I saw, and I was amazingly effective at jacking up geese.

either way, it looks Man made...
            Last edited by Jethro355; 01-28-2018, 05:47 PM. Reason: because autocorrect hates me.
            Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180128_111642_HDR.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	282652
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X