In the creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the creek

I know it's not an artifact looked I've been posting but thought I'd post and see if y'all could help me out. Found in same creek bout 300 yards further down. Had a few people give their opinion all different see what y'all's are. FYI just about miles the way the crow flys i myself and many others believe to have been a large trading post for more modern years. There have been civil war muskets found and Cannon balls as well as points, bear claws, metal arrowheads and lots more. You can go down in the gully bout 100 or more feet deep and see where there were campfires

Is it metal or Rock?
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Looks like an old gun barrel covered in mud .. is that rust or the iron in your soil .

Comment

That looks to be all metal. If you look closely at the last pic you can see where the metal was broken and shows through the rusty outer covering. Don't have any idea what it is or was but it sure is gonna be interesting finding out.
        Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

It's iron ore my father in law said some type of jug. My dad said looks like a pistol barrel

Comment

Looks natural to me IMO
            As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
            NW Arkansas

Comment

Yeah I thought the same at first but no one else around here did

Comment

Sandstone root cast.

My $0.02.

Comment

Fossilized snork scull