SE Indiana. Help ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SE Indiana. Help ID

This is part of my families farm collection that we understand came from the fields after it was plowed. Location is Franklin Co. INDIANA which is SE. It's completely flat. Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance! 😘

cant help with most of those

but i would like to see better pics of a couple of those pieces

the ones in the second pic,the squareish looking one on the left lower side and the one that is mostly out of frame in the same row but far right side

Comment

• searchinghawk
      searchinghawk commented
      Editing a comment
      its a possible whetstone,,like to see other angles of it

Comment

• searchinghawk
      searchinghawk commented
      Editing a comment
      love the axes

• Hi-Lo
      Hi-Lo commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you think you could take a couple of close ups of the tan coloured, serrated point that is left of the gorgets? It's a real humdinger.

Not really sure what it is either ???? Y’all sure do have a lot of hard stone up that way !! That’s awesome
    As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
    NW Arkansas

Comment

Idk about the one in your hand but there are some nice Celts ,
      Adze, drills . And points ..You should post those tools under the tool thread Chase has going .

Comment

Wow pretty cool looking artifact it does look to be pecked to form. It looks too big to be a Bannerstone preform. When I first saw it I thought it might be a Scythe honing stone . Take a look at how similar the shape is. http://www.hardwarefy.com/truper-sha...-scythe-11669/
        It may be an expanded center gorget preform.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Indiana74
          Indiana74 commented
          Editing a comment
          I sent a private message to Don Ham on FB asking him and he thought it could be a gorget preform but wasn't sure either!

Nice Hoss . I was thinking grinding but to much to learn yet .

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Axes, pestles, gorgets. Wow

Comment

That's a fantastic family farm collection. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Nice variety of artifacts. Is that a hammer just to the right of the pestle? Looks like a rock stacked on another.
              South Dakota

Comment

How long a timeframe are we looking at for y'all to collect these?
                Child of the tides

Comment

My step dad found them all in the dirt floor when he moved in during the late 70's! They we're in boxes that had decayed away over the years. He had no idea until he started digging when he decided to make the basement floor concrete. We had previous owners children and grandchildren ask to see the house and chitchat over the years but all they ever said was the artifacts we're found for years when plowing for crops so we don't really have a time frame of how long it took the previous owners to obtain all of them. I hunt the fields every year and find two or three myself!

Comment

• Pinetree1
                    Pinetree1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Awesome stuff!😀

Nice thanks for sharing
                  Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

That is pretty cool and quite a bit of hardstone.
                    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I wonder if it wasn't a tool to make those axes. Seems like it would be useful in making grooves.

Comment

Working...
                      X