Finally a good find.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally a good find.

It's been pouring rain on and off for two weeks here in Ohio. I've been chomping at the bit to get out, but family and work comes first. Finally I had a small window this morning and snuck out for a bit. Pay dirt. Found in Franklin county Oh. In my humble opinion it looks like a knife or preform (Fort Ancient, Jacks reef or Hopewell side notch). However, it's a little large for that at 2.5 inches, so with some wishful thinking, I could see possibly it being a Cobbs knife? The vein running through it is completely transparent. Not sure if the second piece is anything, but looks like it could be a spoke shaver. Probably not but I did find it at the exact same time 2 feet away from the preform/blade. Good day.
    Central Ohio

Blade or preform 🤔 either way I like it.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Nice Find and Pic's!
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Nice finds flintguy love the point in sun picture.
        N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Nice finds Flint...have you considered maybe a Decatur blade...I just did a quick search and the size and shape match up really close. Nice lithic also...
          The chase is better than the catch...
          I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• flintguy
            flintguy commented
            Editing a comment
            I did consider a Decatur, yes it is a good fit. Looked into that after I posted. Seems the more I look the less sure I am of what it could be. The somewhat frustrating thing about that is...it's either 400 years old or 8000. Ha, oh well, happy with it either way. Thanks for taking a look at it.

Its probably a lot older than 400 years. Anyway those triangles can be hard to nail down at times there were several that looked close but the size and wide distribution kinda swayed me toward Decatur. We have some darn good ID folks here. Maybe someone from Ohio can chime in...
          The chase is better than the catch...
          I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

That’s a Vera, vera nice!
            Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Beautiful in all aspects .. lithic to pics to style

Comment

Carter Cave maybe? Pretty little projectile preform. Very nice find! 😀

Comment

Sweet point

Comment

I’m glad your time hunting paid off. It’s a nice triangle you found.
                    South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                    X