Arrowhead identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrowhead identification

Can someone please help me identify these. I'm trying to categorize my artifacts and I need a name to put on them ...thanks

What is that elephant type piece made out of ? Just to get this rolling .

Comment

• Lilboy444
      Lilboy444 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not sure it's translucent and has small horizontal White lines in it. Someone said it may be ivory

First off I don't believe the elephant is Native American. Probably somewhat more recent.

You've found some nice artifacts. A few are identifiable, some are not and a few are just rocks. The round black item looks to be a Discoidal to me wich was used in the game of chunkey. Ill dig up some info on those. I also see what may be an ear spool. The points that have the bases missing may not be identifiable because the base is often the key identifier as to type. If I were you I would selerate the complete points and post a photo of those for id help. Also use something for scale in your photos and always remember to mention the area they were found. Thanks!

Last edited by Kyflintguy; 04-22-2018, 01:18 PM.
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• Lilboy444
      Lilboy444 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok thank you. I will take some better pictures

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture+_2018-04-22-14-24-12-1.png Views:	1 Size:	678.1 KB ID:	296728
    Ok looking at your photo. I circled what I believe is a pottery ear spool. I placed an "X" on the items that are likely just Rocks. I placed a "U" on the items that are likely unidentifiable. I marked the piece that are likely debitage, waste flakes or cores with "D". I placed a "S" on one item that looked like a possible scraper. I used "M" to mark maybes? Better photos of those would help determine what kind or if they are in fact artifacts.

The rest I left unmarked are likely identifiable tools/knives/ projectiles. We need better photos to help you i.d those. Hope that helps you out!
    Last edited by Kyflintguy; 04-22-2018, 01:36 PM.
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• Kyflintguy
      Kyflintguy commented
      Editing a comment
      It might help Tam, it may not. One thing is for certain a group photo is a hard way to go about getting stuff identified. Just a lot to take in at once. If the poster lilboy breaks up those identifiable items and post good pics, we can likely help him even more.

• Lilboy444
      Lilboy444 commented
      Editing a comment
      I will take some pictures of them individually. Thanks so much for your time!

• Lilboy444
      Lilboy444 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for taking the time to do all that I'm going to take some better pictures of them individual and post them to

I'd like to see that tool in the middle vertical row, third one up from the bottom... Nice collection you got going there.
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

• Lilboy444
      Lilboy444 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks..I'll send you a better picture

All found in East Central Mississippi

Comment

Working...
    X