Northwestern Pennsylvania arrowhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northwestern Pennsylvania arrowhead

I found this in northwestern Pennsylvania, and I've shown this picture to a few collectors an they all said it looks older than what is typically found in the area. I' sorry the picture doesn' have anything to judge size. I gave it to the woman who owns the land as I found it 10 feet from her house. It' approximately 2.75 inches long an 1.5 inches wide.
    Attached Files

More and better pics would be a lot more helpful
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Hey new James, that’s a nice point, and an even nicer gesture giving it to the lady. Good on you for that👍👍
      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

I will get more pics tomorrow evening with a quarter as size ref. Thank you for the 👍I was shooting a woodchuck with a compound bow, when I went to retrieve my arrow I found the arrowhead a few feet away. It didn' feel right for me to keep it, especially when she said she has been looking for them her whole life an never found one, she is 72. It was literally 10 feet from the corner of her house.

Comment

• BabaORiley
          BabaORiley commented
          Editing a comment
          Heres to you for your good karma in giving that piece to that woman...it is a nice find indeed. By the way did you hit the target?

See if she needs a garden or a flower bed dug in,lol

Comment

Cool find and great gesture to give her a long time wish. Great way to pay it forward and seal up future permission to hunt the property. Looking forward to possible better pics. Thanks for sharing!
          Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Meadville Pennsylvania
            Attached Files

Comment

Meadville
              Attached Files

Comment

No, she missed it. But that' how I found the point, it was about 2 feet away from the arrow she shot.

Comment

72 yrs old and out launching arrows at woodchucks,lol, she must be quite the character !

Comment

Coshocton point
                    Attached Files

Comment

I think coshocton is a lithic, not a point style, I could be mistaken. And it’s definitly not an arrowhead, most likely it’s a lance/spear point or possibly a knife

Comment

She is a character!!! She owns a 350 acre farm an still does most of the work. I just show up an help when I can. I will definitely be there more often with my head to the ground.... especially when I'm running the disc or plow. I think your right on the lithic, I'm new to all of this an was told it's coshocton is all. I do have the bug now an will be looking for more!!!

Comment

Ahhhh I love the story .. your kindness will be repaid . I see a good friendship on the horizon . She sounds like my kinda gal . That lithic is beautiful with the split colors .

Comment

Ohio Lanceolate looks like a good fit.....

Ohio Lanceolate - A medium to large size lanceolate point with parallel to convex sides and a concave base that is ground. Flaking is early collateral to oblique transverse. Base has light grinding, not fluted or basally thinned. Thinner than Clovis or Agate Basin.

Comment

Working...
                            X