Amazing looking tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing looking tool

I bought this object in an estate sale. The man was a archeology buff from Iowa. Could be from anywhere however. It looks amazing to me. Would love opinions. Has what looks like a small collection catalog number at edge. Weighs nearly a pound. 7” long. Thank you!

Well...now that’s interesting
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Your number?

Comment

In my honest opinion you have a septerian concretion which has been water worn. Probably a creek or river find judging from the smooth look to it.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Oh ok. 😔 A local rock hound wanted this, so I’ll just give it to him. Thanks for the info. Thought I had a winner here.

Comment

You asked me to call you. Unsure why you responded with Lol. I thought this was a learning site. Not a shaming site. What’s you intention by laughing at me?

Comment

At no point did I ask you to call, I’m not sure how you got that from me posting “ well... now that’s interesting” sorry for laughing I just found it weird I guess.

Comment

Oh! LOL! I know what! Your reading what it says under at the bottom of my response! No dude it says that at the bottom of everything I post. Sorry for the mix up!

Comment

My bad. Sorry. Back to edification. 😇

Comment

• Hoss
                  Hoss commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is in what we call the signature line you can add to yours from your profile page. No one is laughing at you. That is a pretty cool rock. I have seen stuff like it from Mississippi. As stated I could be wrong but it just does not look like a water worn worked peice in these photos.

Who's on first?
                Michigan Yooper
                If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Tam
                  Tam commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Omg right I was laughing

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
                In my honest opinion you have a septerian concretion which has been water worn. Probably a creek or river find judging from the smooth look to it.
                Hoss, someone posted that these are found on NA sites . Like they brought them in . I have found a few on the Woodland site I hunt . Do you think or have you ever seen them used or knapped into anything .

Comment

I have no idea what that is, but I guarandamnedtee I would have carted that home with me!

Comment

• Jethro355
                    Jethro355 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah...me too.👍

Thanks for all the kind replies!

Comment

Working...
                  X