Worked river pebble in concrete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worked river pebble in concrete

Found this..it appears to be a worked something that was a ride wr pebble.i showed the worked side.can anyone explain the base to me? Anyway I found it interesting that I also found it stuck to a conglomerate like chunk which I think is concrete.anyway somehow it got stuck n it.thought I'd share

Vinegar might take off that stuff, cool find.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

I may try that lil experiment thanks for the idea

Comment

I’m not seeing work or an artifact, just a little piece of chert stuck in a concretion . You know nature knocks pieces off of chert too, that doesn’t make it work.
        call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

I think this is another example of the slag you've previously posted. When the slag was molten it could fuse with concrete and other materials in the working environment. I actually found a large piece behind my house that was a cantaloupe sized blob fused with concrete very similar. I'm not sure how or why but it must have been used in construction with buried cast iron water pipes I'm assuming as the piece I found was in close proximity to the city water and sewer lines. Yes I tried to Knapp some btw without much luck.
          Last edited by Kyflintguy; 06-22-2018, 01:40 PM.
          Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

You definitly have the eye for at least spotting stuff, so maybe try a totally different river or creek or something, just get away from that slag area!
            call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Yeah I agree here with Jay WM . You have a good eye .
              very enthusiastic . Get In a new creek or field and out of that
              slag .

Comment

Working...
              X