Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it rock or relic

Rock or relic?

Looks like it has some flake scars, I'd call it a relic if it has flaking on it. Nice in-situ. Hard to tell alot from that pic, What's it look like cleaned up?
    Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

It's pretty hard to tell by that photo. Take a few closer photos showing both sides and the edges, with something like a coin to show the scale of the piece.

Comment

Well I don’t have it it’s in the field didn’t have any place to put it. I t looked chipped on both sides. I have to go back and get it then I will wash it and get more pics.

Comment

• Broken Arrow
          Broken Arrow commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope you're able to find it again. My personal approach is to never leave anything lay. I usually walk out with a pocket full of flakes, I can't help it but to pick up everything from little flakes to the large cores left behind.

It looks like a rock, but you have to go back, take more pictures, and be sure. If you are going to leave something, try placing an upright stick beside your artifact. (If practical)
        "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Warpath - Remember what clambellies said about posting pics. When you post only one, it's like telling half a joke. We only get to see one side of your possible relic or artifact. It always a good idea when you're looking for ident help to post at least three or four pics (both sides and at least two edges). That would help with identifying flaking or chipping patterns. I know you only took this one pic - just a thought for future posts.
          Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Going to go back and get it will post new pics after that.
            Thanks for the comments. I just didn’t have room to carry it

Comment

Not sure what that is but when you do get iy take some pictures with something in them for scale. By the way I fixed your avatar for you. The other picture just did not do justice to that fine artfact.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
              X