Paleo point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paleo point?

Is this a paleo point? Got it from an antique shop for $8. Is it even legitimate?
    Attached Files

paleo no. Authentic yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy W. View Post
      paleo no. Authentic yes.
      What is the approximate period?

Comment

Looks legit but I have to ask where was it found? Knowing about where a point is from( general area) ( County State) helps narrow down the type.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
          Looks legit but I have to ask where was it found? Knowing about where a point is from( general area) ( County State) helps narrow down the type.
          I was told these were found around cook DuPage Co IL

Comment

I would guess a sharpened down woodland point. Is the base ground?

Comment

I'll ask an obvious question. Why are you spending money on artifacts which you then question the authenticity? Kinda seems like the cart before the horse, don't you think?
              Maybe study up on NA artifacts in general and your region in particular so you can spot real from fake without having to ask? I don't know about you but I don't like throwing money away. You may have bought an authentic, albeit not paleo, point this time, but sooner or later you're gonna get skunked.
              Child of the tides

Comment

Originally posted by Andy W. View Post
                I would guess a sharpened down woodland point. Is the base ground?
                Base is ground and the edges are beveled from resharpening. Closest I've seen to this point is a Hanna point from a reference book.

Comment

Originally posted by Havenhunter View Post
                  I'll ask an obvious question. Why are you spending money on artifacts which you then question the authenticity? Kinda seems like the cart before the horse, don't you think?
                  Maybe study up on NA artifacts in general and your region in particular so you can spot real from fake without having to ask? I don't know about you but I don't like throwing money away. You may have bought an authentic, albeit not paleo, point this time, but sooner or later you're gonna get skunked.
                  Honestly I was about 95% sure and since this for a friend I figured confirming my own suspicions and getting a more clear understanding from more seasoned collectors. This piece was not exactly bank breaking so I think I'll be alright.

Comment

Hey, illini, We have dealers on this site. We trust them, they are part of this community. They sell authentic artifacts that have provenance and guarantees. You want to spend money on artifacts, do it here!
                    Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Working...
                    X