quartz point and utilized flakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quartz point and utilized flakes?

so I’ve found a few nice artifacts in my year of hunting, and of course I think I have an even bigger “maybe” pile. here’s a few things I wanted to share from my “hmmm” collection. all were found on beaches in sw Connecticut. so far I haven’t had too much luck on the beaches as it’s hard for me to tell what’s been worked or not when it’s been softened by the water. anyway, would like to hear some opinions on these pieces.

Yup , first pic looks like a nice waterworn point, and second pics yes the one on the left is an exhausted triangle point. The other looks like just a flake. Right on find more! Good luck!
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Good luck in the hunt. agree wth what Jay said
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

thank you both. is there any way to type either point? maybe a Beekman on the small triangle? I def got that good feeling when I saw both of these but talked myself out of it— quartz is so hard for me to tell if it’s anything good, esp being worn like that point is.

Comment

The first one could be maybe a Bare Island ( late archaic-early woodland) and the triangle could be an exhausted Levanna or Beekman, it doesn’t really look like a Squibnocket Triangle to me.
          call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

thanks, Bare Island was one of the types I was looking at. it’s hard to ID these eroded beach points but I’m learning a lot in the process. the triangle actually very closely matches up with a Levanna I already have.

Comment

Working...
            X