Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Likely just a rock from Northeastern PA

Hi all,

I am new to hunting points but I am always outdoors. I have a couple items that I found in the last week that I was thinking could be artifacts.

I will make separate posts for the others. This one is a small stone with a hole seemingly drilled through it. It was found on a gravel bank where the brodhead creek meets the Delaware river in Monroe County, PA. I know there is a pretty famous dig somewhere right in that vicinity but I don't want that to bias me towards thinking it's manmade.

thanks!

Welcome to the forum. My first impression is that it looks natural, but I'm certainly no authority on the matter. Someone will be along shortly with some good info.

Edit: Although the hole does look pretty symmetrical... I'm curious to find out what the story is.
    Last edited by -=METACOM=-; 07-18-2018, 02:01 PM.

Comment

looks natural to me. Probably had a chrinoid fossil in there that eroded out over time.
      Last edited by Hoss; 07-18-2018, 08:40 PM.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Awesome thanks guys! I'll have to keep up the hunt until I find something more interesting to post haha

Comment

Working...
        X