Another PA rock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another PA rock?

This item was found in the same gravel bank as the last one... where the brodhead creek empties into the Delaware river in Monroe County, PA.

I am very new to point hunting, and thought I'd give it a try since I spend so much time outdoors hunting for other things like fossils and reptiles and amphibians (for photographing only) .

This was found last week on a gravel bank during a period of low water. There hasn't been rain for some time when I found it. There is a well known (shawnee minisink) archaeology site somewhere near by though I don't actually know where.

this rock seemed unnatural to me the way it has worn into such an odd shape. At one point it looks as though something was wrapped around it. It is hard to get all the sides to photograph and the pictures do not do it justice of how odd it is. It's almost like a nut shell made out of rock. Haha

thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180718_134648.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	309090
    Attached Files

Natural water worn rock.

Comment

Good post Horridus. Your pics are excellent and I particularly like that 4th pic - looks like a mushroom. But I have to agree that it looks to be the work of mother nature and not man. You took some real nice pics which show really good detail.
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Mother nature is a fabulous artist for sure. Natural rock in my honest opinion.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Thanks everyone! I cant wait to find some points. Then I'll stop jumping on these false alarms. We had some heavy rain for the past couple days so I may try to get out tonight after work.

Comment

Good luck!
            South Dakota

Comment

Working...
            X