Is this a celt also???? Material???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a celt also???? Material???

I showed a picture of this in another post but didn’t get any responses, or maybe I’m impatient. The last time I posted was about, what I thought was a knife or scraper, but you guys corrected me, that it was really a Celt.
    Is this a Celt also? What material would this be. Very dense heavy stone with some yellowish streaks.
    Northern Ky

Hmm, I don’t see any pecking or real grinding, it may just be a natural stone I think
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Material looks like petrified wood.
      Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

I too wondered about petrified wood. The striations are suspiciously like petrified wood.
        Here is another shot of front and back. If it were a Celt I assume the front edge would be sharper or more defined? It is incredibly smooth feeling to be a field find.
        Last edited by Owen70; 08-13-2018, 07:54 PM.
        Northern Ky

Comment

While I’m taking pictures, how about this one. Celt? Natural?
          I really appreciate your opinions.
          Northern Ky

Comment

Owen the stone in the first post looks to be a real nice naturally polished stone as Onewith stated. Can u post some closer pics of the edges of the last post? It looks interesting...nice finds man, I for sure would have grabbed them for further study also...
            The chase is better than the catch...
            I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Originally posted by BabaORiley View Post
              Owen the stone in the first post looks to be a real nice naturally polished stone as Onewith stated. Can u post some closer pics of the edges of the last post? It looks interesting...nice finds man, I for sure would have grabbed them for further study also...
              Thanks BabaORiley. My pic skills are not good. The edge is not worked, I don’t think. Looks like it’s just chipped. It is fairly highly polished.
              Northern Ky

Comment

Now that one looks like it could be a Celt.
                call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

First one is questionable. Like Jay said, Second one looks like it could be a celt
                  Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Yeah I agree with Broken and Onewith. The better pics show an edge that looks like it was worked at some time...
                    The chase is better than the catch...
                    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Second one looks like a celt. Nice one too.

Comment

Working...
                      X