Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No clue what this is found in backyard in pennsylvania.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No clue what this is found in backyard in pennsylvania.

I found arrowheads in the same area and mano as well.

looks like a rock to me

Comment

I looks like something, I just don't know what. Unfinished bannerstone?
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Natural water smoothed rock IMO
        call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

I bet that could break some bones and knock off some pretty big spalls with ease... How rocky is the area where this was found?
          Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Not really rocky its in a mountain area it was found in same area I found a black arrowhead in my backyard there is no creek just the woods.

Comment

There could have been a waterway there in the past though or it could have been carried there and never used for anything possibly

Comment

It’s a cool rock though I just zoomed in on it and checked it out good. It’s as smooth as one I’d find along the southern shore. Who knows? Maybe it was used for something?

Comment

Yeah I agree with that thought Jay. It is possible that it was picked up and carried to a place with the thought of..."maybe I can use this"...I personally do that in my life very frequently. I will keep something with the thought that I will have a use for it but it usually ends up in the trash several months later. My point is that these ancients utilized resources much like we do. It is a piece that definitely catches the eye. Maybe just a rock that never was used for its intention or just another rock...lol...cool find anyway and I would have grabbed it also.
                  The chase is better than the catch...
                  I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Working...
                  X