What is this please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this please?

This was found in the 1970's in Waxhaw, or Indian Trail NC. It was a surface find. It is 3 1/4"L x 3 1/8" at it's widest point. I would love to know for sure what kind of tool this is. Thank-you!

I’m not sure that it is. The pictures aren’t the best, but the groove area looks natural. The bit end does appear to be battered, suggesting use, but I haven’t seen a tool quite like it. Maybe better pictures would help. Someone else may recognize something here that I don’t. Could possibly be a net weight, but a natural stone is what I’m thinking.
    South Dakota

Comment

I would like to see better photos but maybe an axe seems to have a bit end .

Comment

Okay I took it out in the sun and tried the pictures again. It is very hard to show there is a groove all the way around the piece and it is even and straight all the way around. The end appears to not be natural as again it is all even and straight. I appreciate your time. Thank you.

Comment

Yeah that's a head scratcher. I agree with SD about the groove it just doesn't seem to be man made. A net weight sure seems to be possible though. Cool find Kaimanu.
          The chase is better than the catch...
          I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

The new pictures are better. I’m still not sure, but an axe is another possibility. The groove is better seen now. The real experts will see this and have a better idea.
            South Dakota

Comment

It could be a hoe blade
              call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

I I would keep that and take it to-a show . Some things are hard if not in hand even for these guys .

Comment

Working...
                X