No announcement yet.

What do you make of this??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder about those cores being left on . I think everyone saw the one small tool that was my favorite but where you would hold it ,,is the outer core. I also have a scrapper where it looks like a turtle shell . Just hit and miss on the top part with spots of core and then the inner part showing . It’s knocked off a spall but so sharp . So kind of on the theory of in a hurry making something .

Comment

This is going to take me to a thread on snapped bases . I’ll put that up . Pieces the NA toss but do they ? Ron has knapped also . Chuck you had a read on those points that were made fast for pupose . Can’t remeber the name .

Comment

This is eerily similar to the above posted artifact. The article calls it an Achuevean (spelling) hand axe. Not from this continent and much older than mankind on this continent. But darn near identical.
        Northern Ky

Comment

It is interesting us modern humans give names to these artifacts . But I have pieces that are the same as in Africa or flake knives that are similar

Comment

• Owen70
            Owen70 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Tam. As one who has picked up rocks and artifacts for years but never took the time to study them, I am finding what appears to be a very convoluted system of classification. I think I’m going back to my old system of, “hey that’s a cool rock” or “wow NA’s made or used this piece”, I’m putin it my pocket.😂. This is not to say i’m Not thankful or appreciative of those who go the extra mile to delineate. Watch your 6, looks like some weather headed your way..
        Working...
        X