Found Today...Age and Type help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found Today...Age and Type help Needed

I came across this point while walking a washout a few minutes ago. This is the first one I have ever found like this. Can't seem to put it down. Still in aww? All help greatly appreciated as always. Thank yall

I am sorry I forgot to include iI found it out here 20 miles outside of San Antonio, TX on my property.

Comment

It's pretty crude, but I would look at Morhiss type. http://www.projectilepoints.net/Points/Morhiss.html
      Kevin - North/Central Texas

Comment

Hmm. I am not familiar with this one. I'll look it up in my guide. By the time I find it, someone will give you an answer.
        "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Thanks for the comments and help friends. Here are some better pictures. Not much natural light here today. It's cold and rainy

Comment

What a great find . Let’s see what the folks in your area say . Yeah I would be in awww as well . Look at that stem . I am going to look up the one CTex left you just to see how large it may have started out if so . Pretty darn interesting !!

Comment

Yeah Texas is just a bit out of my realm but if I pulled that from the earth in Illinois I would say its an Adena type. It looks like maybe it was reworked several times also. Nice one man.
              The chase is better than the catch...
              I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

I was thinking the same as Frank/Baba if I found one like that on my old N. AL hunting grounds. But I don't think the Adena folks got over to the Texas area (or did they?) so I can't give you a good suggestion at this time..

Comment

Thanks y'all for all the help. I am still trying to get to the bottom of it regarding this one. It amazes me how much these differ. All from the same place

Comment

Working...
                  X