Is this an old cigar band ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this an old cigar band ?

This one looks like a ring with tribal writing ? Or some kind of writing on it.
    my friend says it looks like an old cigar band I would appreciate any help
    Thank you

Kat - I don't think that's tribal writing - it looks more like a design. Not sure about the cigar band either. Most cigar bands I've seen were evenly shaped and the one in your pic is tapered. However, I'm no expert on cigar bands either. Interesting whatever it is and will be following the post to find out.
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• Kat69
      Kat69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, you are absolutely right it's not writing at all it's a flower and I did have it upside down . Again thanks for your response
      Kat,
      P.S I was going to ad a pic to show you but I don't see how to do that from here

That is a beautiful piece of what looks to be old silver. I highly doubt that it is a cigar band, in fact I will go out on a limb and say no it is not a cigar band. How and where did you find it?
    PS, can you see any markings inside the band?
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• Kat69
      Kat69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bruce , Thank you for responding .
      First let me say this , amongst others was acquired through a auction that I won in Lufkin Texas, I believe I won this auction for $ 75 , and from what I'm told this man who owned it passed away but must have been a frequent traveler to Europe, Another item that was In this same unit besides other small artifacts was a pharaoh relief carving and a 1906 multimeter from Birmingham College UK.
      I won this auction about 3 months ago and just now started checking because someone made me a fifty dollar offer so I wander to see what I had first ,
      I took more pic and honestly it's so dirty I can't tell if there are carvings on the inside or not and was afraid to clean it ....... I cleaned a Coin ,
      once thank You for your help Bruce
      Kat

Kat - I'm wondering if we're looking at the design on this thing wrong - maybe turn it upside down and see what we have. I'm thinking maybe a flower or somesuch?
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• Kat69
      Kat69 commented
      Editing a comment
      RIGHT again it is a flower , wow I feel stupid lol
      Thank u for your help , again
      Kat

Chuck has made a good call. Turn it upside down & there is a thistle flower. The Scots often used the thistle in many of their engravings. Too big for a thimble but it could be a music pick.
    Child of the tides

Comment

• Kat69
      Kat69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes he did and yes it is ,
      THANK you for your help
      Kat

• Kat69
      Kat69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes he did and yes it is ,
      THANK you for your help
      Kat

• Hoss
      Hoss commented
      Editing a comment
      You can say that again

My first impression when I saw the picture was it could be a finger pick. Maybe for Banjo or Dulcimer? Then I scrolled down and saw Deb had the saqme idea. Great minds think alike.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Ok Wayne came up with a Knife band . After looking up many old relics on the internet we are both going with knife band .

Comment

• Kat69
        Kat69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow it amazes me how y'all can find s+× , stuff in minutes that ive been looking for about a week
        Maybe I will find out what I have
        THANK u for your help
        Kat

Showed your photo to a banjo player friend of mine. He says it’s a banjo pick.
      Child of the tides

Comment

That’s a good call Deb . I have seen old storage pics not like that but Wayne plays .

Comment

Working...
        X