Similar or different? Surface finds from same location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Similar or different? Surface finds from same location

Goodmorning friends. When I woke up this morning I went straight to my find from yesterday. The darker one. This is by far what I consider the most awesome thing I have found so far, even though I have found 7 points most of which are broken. The lighter colored one was found at the same place a few months back. My question is: are these the exact same thing from different eras. I notice many similarities, but many differences as well. Does the lighter color signify more weathering or age? Could they have been made by the same Native people, and they just used a different shaping style. Both found in S. Texas near San Antonio. Thank y'all so much for all the help. I must have been bitten by the artifact 🐛, my fishing buddy thinks I am crazy when I put down my pole 5 minutes in to look for rocks. Can't stop... Help 😂 lol

The lighter colored one is likely a quarry blank. Hard to tell from the pictures, but the darker one might be a blank as well.
    Kevin - North/Central Texas

Comment

Thanks Ctex I appreciate the info. What would you consider this as being. I thought this to be more of a blank or preform. No usage scars

Comment

• CTex
        CTex commented
        Editing a comment
        It looks like a preform to me, a rather nice one at that. If you get a chance you might take a look at the PDF on this thread. It looks like you are on or very near a quarry site and this might be helpful. https://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/...-a-quarry-site

Thank you Sir, these steps and so on always look like usage scars to me. I checked out the PDF. Nice!

Comment

Working...
      X