Found in South MO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found in South MO

I am not sure what I found if anything. But this rock had marks that looked like it was worked but also was water worn for many years.

my opinion its just a rock, sorry

Comment

I can see by some of the marks where that piece would have caught the eye. It might have some very weathered strike marks but that's a hard call. It looks like a very water worn rock but I would have grabbed that piece and took it to the house also...got a bunch of those "possibilities" sitting around...
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Was it a creek find? Flake scars could be polished from years of tumbling.. may be a biface or chipped adze tool??

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes water worn he said. I’d keep that one. Maybe Charlie (CMD) will chime in on this one. I think it has been worked

What I have found in preforms and listened to what the knappers said is sometimes the person didn’t finish it .
        kind of looks like something that got started and if you found it in the creek well a few thousand years might have taken it back to that .
        Just a thought that warrants more looking at it as you find things in that area and compare .

Comment

Working...
        X