Found this in a creek bed. It has way too much symmyetry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found this in a creek bed. It has way too much symmyetry

Not only does it have a lot of symmetry But it feels like a took I would use today. Any thoughts?

This won’t be what you want to hear but looks natural to me. There are so many rocks like that in the creeks it can make your head spin. Keep looking they are there
    NW Georgia,

Comment

what county and state Ed?
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Benton Co Arkansas, The pictures do not really show it as it is in hand. I am not saying its not just a stone but it in hand looks like a tool

Comment

• Hoss
          Hoss commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Ed I asked because I have seen material like this from coastal New Enland states down through the mid Atlantic states that does not weather well. Some artifacts where just shapes and you could not see the falke scars as over time they just wheater away. I can see the shape you see but it seems a bit thick to me at the base. It seems problematic to me and you should take it to a show in your area and see if anyone has seen anything made of that material.

Hard to say for sure EdT as creek wear/tumbling causes some heavy wear. I would have grabbed it also as I can see the edge that has ya thinking. Its one of those pieces that are a hard call from a pic...
        The chase is better than the catch...
        I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Took a few photos after it dried out and did a wet wipe just to highlight it.

Comment

It might be a fglake knife ed. Hang onto it . Worst case in a few years you may just have to start up a rock garden.
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
            X