Field finds near Flint River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Field finds near Flint River

Found these guys in a field near the Flint River in central GA. Anyone know what the complete point in the middle may be? Will post better pics later.

Nice finds
    SW Connecticut

Comment

Welcome and thanks for sharing your finds. Third from the left on the bottom. Flip it over, because it looks like an end scraper. We’re seeing the flat side.
      South Dakota

Comment

Thanks guys. Here are some better pictures of a few of my finds. My friend has the scraper in his truck but I will get it from him and get some pictures of it.

Comment

Welcome and nice introduction!
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Bking,
            Probably be better to get info from someone in your region, but if I was judge from what I see I think it would be as close to a Morrow Mountain type as anything. Again, I am no professional of any kind in your region, but that is what I would suggest until you hear from someone that is a better authority in your region. Nice stuff!!!

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone. I hope to post more like this in the future. Do you guys know of anyone on here from Georgia?

Comment

• willjo
                willjo commented
                Editing a comment
                There is several here from Ga. gafieldwalker from Statesboro area, surfacehunter from Cartersville and me from Twin City, Ga. and most likely some more. That field rock point is an point made out of unusual material, that person was in bad need of something to make and arrowhead out of.

That’s awesome. I’m from Macon but I found those on my hunting land in Taylor county. It’s not far from the “old agency reserve”.

Comment

I'm over in Statesboro but also hunt some areas pretty close to you. Looks like a really good spot. I'd but a plow in the ground as often as I could to plant some food plots and hope some more artifacts pop up. And if you ever need a point hunting buddy....

Comment

Working...
                X