I found a new creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found a new creek

On the way to the PO today I took a wrong turn and ran across this creek. Lots of gravel and I picked this up. Is it debitage flakes or just natural? thanks

I'm seeing some debitage in there. Looks like a good creek, I'd keep hunting that one.
    Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

I did a 2 hour walk look. It was raining here so not pleasant. About 800 feet or so I ran into this cave rock system. The crevasse goes down 14 feet buy my camera phone does not show it well. I will go back tomorrow and take my SLR weather permitting. There is a square cave I don't really want to go into, the bones look like deer. Could be a black bear den. I keep my SR9c on my hip. Don't want to shoot a bear but if its necessary.

Comment

• Broken Arrow
        Broken Arrow commented
        Editing a comment
        That creek looks like heaven! I'd be there as often as I could. I think that could possibly qualify as a small rock shelter! Be careful out there.

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Might be a mountain lion den I looked online to see where bears live and it showed they like to live under tree root systems and fallen trees they will dig a hole and then squeeze into the holes and bring tree bark in for bedding. I never knew that and also they sleep in trees to so look up once in a while

Looks like you are in a good spot has to be a whole one there.
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Never thought of that. Cougars. I like cats and would hat to shoot one but man I know they can tear an chunk out of you. I will take my LED light to see if I can shine back in. Not going in its only about 3 feet high by the same wide. It goes in about 12 feet that I can see. Maybe tomorrow sun will be out. Just checked the weather sunny next three days. Will post pics of the cave.

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Be careful out there I’ve accidentally got close to a cougar here in north Georgia and he wasn’t scared of me at all. I’m a tall guy he jumped down out of a tree sounded like a boulder hitting the ground very stocky animal

I'd start writing a lot of letters if I were you
        New Jersey

Comment

Pretty good sign you will find something good
          South Dakota

Comment

• Tam
            Tam commented
            Editing a comment
            Great idea

I think your gonna score ! I’d put a game camera at the cave area to see what your dealing with.. Cat or bear no good !
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Great spot ! Get a diggin in the cave .

Comment

Well i went back and that cave is only dry when its not rained in a bit. Went back today and what was all dry is now several feet deep. Video of the creek today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwNd...ature=youtu.be

Comment

I see a low spot in the creek in the distance it should be a good spot current flows right over it. Cave looks scary I don’t go into caves of any kind
                NW Georgia,

Comment

Good news is if it’s a bear, you are mostly safe right now. If it’s a cat, you are never safe.😳
                  Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Watched the video. Man, that creek looks so promising!
                    Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Honey hole

Comment

Remember. If it looks amazing to you, it looked amazing to them also....

That area looks stellar.

Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
                        X