Atle weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atle weight?

What could this be, I’m hoping it’s an atle weight but idk. Its about 3.5 inch long, 1.5 wide and 1 inch thick. Any advice is good advice for me!

Now, you know what that is BK ! Score.
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

My best day ever!!

Comment

It could be a weight, but to me, it looks like a big, fat uniface tool. It sure looks like a weight though.
        "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Perform or tool most Atlatl weights are ground to shape .

Comment

It’s a great old tool called a Limace, or occasionally a Keeled Scraper. Paleo or Early Archaic in most US settings.
            Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

I’d say nice unifaced scraper to
              NW Georgia,

Comment

Agree with the others. Nice scraper. You've had a great day.
                Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Nice artifact. Nice material as well
                  South Dakota

Comment

In my area that would be a very nice scrapper .
                    great find . Will have to goggle Limace but looks to be off a large flake which would date it early from what I have learned on this site .

Comment

I have a piece very similar to yours and always wondered about it.My guess was an atl weight as well but could not find any references to flaked "boatstones"

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                        SurfaceHunter commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The best Way is to post on your own and ask might be one. We would like to see it

The first pic kind of looks like the infamous "duckbill" I would call that a duckbill scraper, but that is just what I have called all the pieces I have picked up like that over the years. Steep bevels agree with Clovis on the period. But that is just an opinion, I could be typing my stuff wrong all these years, LOL Bill

Comment

I find those on my farm and call them a flint adze or a hump back scraper. Here is one that I found. Its flat on the bottom like yours. Of course there are other names for them as others have stated. Nice artifact save.

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                          SurfaceHunter commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I like them tools but just don’t find many here where I live
                      Working...
                      X