No announcement yet.

Point? Or pendant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That may fall into a type point called a Dagger or a Wand dagger. Probably just an exception, and a variety of a known pint. It looks like obsidian or dacite. Maybe a variety of the Duran type point.
    http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

I love it but it sure is tiny. It looks like it might be curved. Can we get more photos?

Comment

Sure thing..it actually is curved
        Attached Files

Comment

Thx!

SurfaceHunter said, "I’m not sure what it was used for looks fancy don’t forget the possibility of decoration as in body percing type of things".

Agree. I'm thinking a tattoo and/or scarification implement. Just a guess. Still love it tho'.

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Most don’t think about this but they use to wear bracelets with different special rocks on them also the ear, lip and nose implements. They wore all kinds of things even in their hair

Thanks for the response! All great possibilities!
          the fact that it might have been a tool for scarification or a piece of body piercing art
          Makes it all the more appealing to me..the NA may have held it close to them and has a lot of DNA on it in a way or more so than most points or artifacts
          Last edited by Emaner377; 03-24-2019, 02:31 PM.

Comment

I tend to agree with Paul’s comment.

Size, shape, material and flaking look like a Klickitat Dagger point. The base is a bit exotic, but that happens on gem points occasionally. (I’ve see points with extra notches and two tips.)

They are from the Columbia River drainage, but if you bought the piece the provenance might not be 100% accurate. Any additional artifacts that came with it? Some might look more Great Basin or Columbia River.

Originally posted by pkfrey View Post
            That may fall into a type point called a Dagger or a Wand dagger. Probably just an exception, and a variety of a known pint. It looks like obsidian or dacite. Maybe a variety of the Duran type point.
            Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

I bought a hand full of pieces from that collection..but nothing remotely like this piece to be honest

Comment

Working...
              X