Cleaning out the "I'm not sure" pile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning out the "I'm not sure" pile

I think I'm keeping this piece. It's about 4 1/2 inches long and about 3/4 of an inch at its thickest point. Not sure what I think it is exactly. It feels very ground especially at the base. It seems to have a bit on the end that is ground to the shape. It's not a knife, at least I don't think it is. There's no flaking on it. Just feels ground, which I find a lot of ground pieces. The bit is perpendicular to the base. It's so hot here in SC and the biting flies are making me say some not so nice words so I think I will do some looking thru the piles i have here at the house. Just for reference, I find mostly Morrow Mountain points. Keeper or rock pile? Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0060.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	368600 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0061.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	368601 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0069.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	368602
    South Carolina

Vanishing base adena ? In rough shape

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      I really don't think so. I think it is an unnamed tool type. I've never found an adena point. The base looks adena but it's too thick to be a point and it's not a knife. I find the unidentifiable, lol.
      Last edited by Josie; 05-23-2019, 07:23 PM.

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe an unfinished something???

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably, it's very smooth. I've been finding a lot of ground pieces lately. And a lot of slate.

Keep it Josie
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Think I will. I'm sure I have rocks in my keep pile and I'm more than sure that I've put some performs in the return to the woods pile. If it's not a point or scraper, I'm lost, lol.
Working...
X