Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kirk?

Found in Harnett county, NC on old road bed. Rhyolite
    Last edited by Dmozingo; 06-12-2019, 08:21 PM.

Do us a favor and read this https://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/...ease-read-this
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Hoss
      Hoss commented
      Editing a comment
      It is not a lot to ask . That thread is at the very top of every category in the forum.

PS I am not trying to pick on you I think that is a wonderful find . The more we know the easier it is to help you. Thanks for sharing the picture and congrats on the find
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

That's a sweet little point.

Where did you find it ?

What's the material?

Can we see the other side?
      California

Comment

Looks a lot like a kirk Corner notched point and you will hear the kirks are not beveled but they are in my area of Ga.
        South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Jeez man, I wish we had some rye oh lite around here. That stuff is beautiful.

very nice point as well...👍👍
          Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Nice one.
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Kirk or a nice Palmer
              NW Georgia,

Comment

I love all serrated points ! They meant business ! Also dirt roads are a mainstay to look here...Any dirt road that goes over a hill, down the ditches, to the bottom..
                Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Awesome find Dmozingo what wicked serrations it has love it. Thinking it could be a Palmer if not a Kirk.
                  N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

I vote for Palmer. Super sweet point! Love the Carolina finds, keep em coming

Comment

Awesome. I wouldn't got any further than "Early Archaic corner notched". It may be a a regional thing, but where I'm at (central Virginia) Palmer tends to be a more delicate point, like it was made from a flake while Kirk tends to be "beeefy" like it was reduced down from a bigger piece.
                      Central Virginia

Comment

Thank you and I would go with Kirk on it. That is a fine looking point.

Comment

Palmer is just the smaller version of the Kirk.
                          NW Georgia,

Comment

Serrations serrations . Just a beauty . Actually like JJ the best finds for us are not the camps but the roads on the way to hunting sites .
                            And the beat goes on .

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                              SurfaceHunter commented
                              Editing a comment
                              When I walk a new field that’s the first thing I do is walk the road and look for chips

• Lindenmeier-Man
                              Lindenmeier-Man commented
                              Editing a comment
                              There is good stuff in dirt roads/ ditches ... Many times it’s broken but just as many times it’s a whole point etc.
                          Working...
                          X