Artifact or geofact? CT amateur inquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artifact or geofact? CT amateur inquiry

Hey there people who know things! I came across this stone while clearing some topsoil at my home in Connecticut and wondering if it’s artifact or geofact? Aside from the serrated edge, I don’t see anything that screams possible Human working, but I’m just a lowly amateur rock hound.

i was struck by how well it fits in the hand. There’s a notch on the “back” side in the perfect position for applying pressure to the edge (for a right-gander anyway. Any feedback appreciated
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Snallygaster; 06-14-2019, 06:42 AM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	372734 Two more, less fingers:
    Last edited by Hoss; 06-14-2019, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Oh, and I should add - found in Fairfield County, Connecticut

Comment

Read our tutorial about posting pictures and then load some new photos. I removed the links you shared because they were password protected welcome to arrowheads.com
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Snallygaster
          Snallygaster commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Hoss! Glad to be here. I’m having some tech difficulty uploading from my phone. Will probably be a couple days before I can get to a desktop. Can you remove the post and I’ll just repost when everything is working?

Welcome. I agree with Hoss, the picture is not clear enough to determine anything.
        South Dakota

Comment

Yup....gonna need some clearer pics before we can take a guess here...there are several Connecticut people on this forum that are pretty savvy with this stuff
          Southern Connecticut

Comment

Hey welcome from new Haven County....I need better pics . I cant tell if imI'seeing opposing notches like on a net weight...as I have about 40 weights found on the housatonic river in Shelton ... Red
            SW Connecticut

Comment

Working...
            X