Rock or something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock or something?

What if I have? Rock or something? Location Coffee Co. Ga Bottle cap for size.
    Georgia

Would like to see that in hand, interesting.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Bola!?! Lemme see the flat spot better...
      Professor Shellman
      Tampa Bay

Comment

Georgia

Comment

I would feel safe calling that an egg stone or bola. Some say they are different types of artifacts, but not sure anyone knows for sure. Bola's were used to hunt. A rope was tide around a bundle of stones and thrown at the pray.
          Central Ohio

Comment

• flintguy
            flintguy commented
            Editing a comment
            Egg stone considered a type of hammerstone, but i find it a little odd that they are all shaped the same usually with just the one dimple. Makes me wonder why so specific.

I call bolo! (bola) The top dimple, though not always present making identification more difficult, is diagnostic. I'd have to see it in hand to see if it was pecked-altered into shape, maybe not because they could and did sometimes use a simple oval pebble and put a dimple on it.
          Professor Shellman
          Tampa Bay

Comment

Bola Stone . They find those in Georgia in our county Tom for reference. I can see the flat part in the first pic last one .
            Great Grab .
            listen to Toms response though I am not an expert in those like he is .

Comment

I guess we were all posting at the exact same time ! I just put this up and then bling or BOOM flintguy and Tom

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. Here are a few more closer up pictures maybe they help.
                Georgia

Comment

I’m gonna say field find by the color change on it. Nicely done
                  NW Georgia,

Comment

It was in the field
                    Georgia

Comment

I’ve never found one but Tom has and I always trust his opinion. There are a few I consider experts and he is one of them
                      NW Georgia,

Comment

Me to Booom

Comment

Working...
                        X