Today's finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's finds

Walking in the mud of west central Ohio auglaize county and found a little Adena point, a black drill and a marble of sorts. This marble is not glass and appears to be stone, anyone have any ideas on it, Indian, settlers?

Update about the marble: some of you were correct, it is a clay marble and from what I found online, clay marbles were made circa 1850 so its probably over 150 years old. The single marble is the one I found and the group of marbles were all made prior to the Civil War.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tkthorn; 06-21-2019, 12:50 PM.

Awesome finds. Sweet drill
    SW Connecticut

Comment

Awesome finds!
      SE ARKANSAS

Comment

Nice finds! drill looks like it could be Zaleski flint. Welcome from a fellow Auglaize countian.

Comment

Very cool.

Adena and drill very nice indeed and the ball is a mystery I wish I could solve.
          California

Comment

The marble looks like a clay marble and other finds are nice also. I have found some of those marbles if yours is a clay marble and always thought they were settlers marbles although I may be wrong on this also.
            South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
              Lindenmeier-Man commented
              Editing a comment
              I think your correct, clay marble..

Good Hunting and Pictures!
            http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Nice finds.....I can't believe NA drank seagrams
              Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

• Tkthorn
                Tkthorn commented
                Editing a comment
                That was my wife's Seagrams, lol.

Great finds. In IA we would call that adena a beavertail, found a couple over the yrs. not common here.
              SE IA

Comment

I am new to forum. I have tried posting pics of finds I have. I can't get my images to upload? Who do I ask for assistance? Great finds btw!!
                Last edited by Highestlaik21; 06-24-2019, 12:44 PM. Reason: Hit send by accident

Comment

• CMD
                  CMD commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Welcome. Oftimes, the size of the image file is the problem. You can try this link, and see if your photos will load then. If this doesn't work, post your issue in the "I need help with the forum" section, and hopefully our administrator can help you figure it out. http://www.simpleimageresizer.com/

Thanks, yes, it did say something about size.

Comment

Had same problem. I went to play store and downloaded an image resize app that solved the problem.

Comment

Those are really nice.

In California clay balls can be Native American.

My memory is a little fuzzy, but I think it was the Wintun who were known to use them to down water fowl on the lakes.

I've never seen either a NA one or a settler marble so can't make a call on yours except to say it's very cool.

The points are great too.

Is there any chance your drill is obsidian?
                    California

Comment

No, the drill is Coshocton. I have never come across obsidian in ohio.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your nice artifacts
                        South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                        X