Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These tools from eastern oregon

Hi all
    all these were collected in south eastern Oregon within the same 100 square acres of each other over the course of several years. Any idea what exactly they are? The one on the upper left looks like a big scraper? The straight edge is concave and holds a forefinger very nicely. Unsure what the upper right may be. A tanner? Very very very smooth on the pretty side, with two very worn finger holds on the side with minor working on the edges of the holds. Is the one on the bottom right a cody complex knife? It also feels very natural to hold. The one in the middle bottom looks and feels very old but I'm at a loss what it could of been. Could the point on the left be a Clovis point? Thank you for looking! I hope someone can identify my grandfather's old finds while hunting!

Very nice material there! The black point looks like a beauty but hard to see details on the black background. I would say your other piece looks like a scraper abrader tool. Nice Finds!
    SE ARKANSAS

Comment

• whosonfirst
      whosonfirst commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for responding! Sorry bout the black on black, I should of thought it through better but I added a close up in a comment below this one.

Comment

I’m not from your area so I can’t say if it’s a Paleo point but it’s a nice one you have some nice material very easy on the eyes to look at
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• whosonfirst
        whosonfirst commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you the whole collection is pretty like that with a few obsidian pieces and broken points. These are the only ones I really had questions about, the rest are obvious what they are except for a time period. Somewhere between 400 and 9000 BP.

Three of the five look to have definitely been worked for sure. That point is a nice one. Oregon has some really cool lithic. My wife just spent 11 days in Coos Bay visiting relatives and she found all kinda cool little stones on the beach.
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

The Obsidian point looks to be a weathered Humboldt point. The piece next to it in the first picture appears to be a finished piece with both ends missing......kind of looks like a possible broken Crescent missing the 2 ends. Really hard to give a definite answer from just pictures. The rest are either just tools or waste flakes. I don't see anything there that looks like anything Cody related.

Comment

Working...
        X