No announcement yet.

Pop eye Birdstone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul, great observations about collectors & COAs.
    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• pkfrey
      pkfrey commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Josh. I guess I'm at a stand still, because I still can not comprehend how collectors my age, who have been collecting for 50 plus years, still can not recognize repro from authentic. It's not rocket science. And I see collectors I know, who are my age, still buying junk from ebay, and a few other places. I think the mind set is the obsession of the hobby. Passion turns to obsession, and obsession turns to addiction.They have to have another artifact, like a drug. If it's big and beautiful, they will buy it, and being authentic is second priority. And this is what fuels the self professed authenticators who are making thousands off of bogus COAs.

Just read an article about the Townsend collection at auction....

Comment

• pkfrey
      pkfrey commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I was at that auction at Morphy's. I wish this was a Townsend bird. I would put several zeros in the price. But that's just a name. I'm dealing with the artifact. And to find an authentic one, no matter who owned it, is almost unheard of these days. Even in this stage, and not drilled!! I love the little guy, but to much for me!! There are also about a dozen porphyry pop eye examples known from Pa. and N.Y. Moorehead has several pictured in his book.

Pretty nice that you found it. Not everyone would have recognized or appreciated it. It’s awesome
    South Dakota

Comment

congrats happy to see you get it !

Comment

Working...
      X