Just a rock? Or worked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a rock? Or worked?

Personal find in Rhode island here..just a rock?
    or possible blade? Its water worn but looks worked to me?

It’s do hard to tell on quartz anyway unless it’s an obvious type . Throw in the water factor and it’s hot to be you beach guys that know your area . I can see where you are filling in the blanks in this one .

Comment

I agree with Tam water worn and quartz its difficult unless in hand and have handled many to say for sure but there dose appear to have some work on it.
      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

I agree friends maybe it's a scraper?

Comment

• Kaz
          Kaz commented
          Editing a comment
          Roger that. Looks like a lot of stuff I find here on Long Island

I watch a couple guys from long island on IG they find some killer stuff! A lot of items like this triangle..chunky doesn't really fit a typology but has been worked..maybe preform?

Comment

If there is no cortex on the first piece of quartz, and it does not look like it, then it's unlikely to have arrived in that condition without being worked. Always best to show multiple views, including profile so one sees how thick it is. Not suggesting you do that now, as in hand is the best judge anyway, as chase mentioned. If you can tell the difference between when you are looking at the skin(cortex) of a quartz pebble, and when you're looking at a pebble that has had pieces knocked off it, no skin left, then you can judge best if artifact or rock. Obviously a pebble can get banged around and have pieces broken off in a high energy surf zone environment, but my guess is that got that way through human agency. That said, I can't judge what it actually is from the photo.
          Rhode Island

Comment

Always very informative thank you Charlie
            when I get home tonight I'll upload more pics would like your take on em when you see!

Comment

I think it’s a preform maybe never finished maybe tossed if it didn’t go the way planned
              NW Georgia,

Comment

Few more angles

Comment

Love to know the Instagram posts from the LI guys..... Love seeing local stuff!

Comment

Well now that reminds me of an end scraper. I would have made it a keeper.

Comment

Working...
                    X