Help identifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying

Found these today on field in central NC.

Looks like a Guilford on the left and Adena Dickson on the right. Nice finds!
    SE ARKANSAS

Comment

Spike on the left and Savannah River on the right imo but I’m not from your area so let’s see what some of the people say. Some will know for sure once they see them. 2 good finds
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Material is Rhyolite I do know that

Yes both are rhyolite.

Comment

Right one is a dixon.
        SE IA

Comment

Well you have 3 different opinions maybe one of the people from your area will see this and we will find out. Now some points are called by different names
          NW Georgia,

Comment

Sweet finds! I think the big one is a savannah River. I know it resembles the shape of a Morrow mountain, but the concave base and long stem point to a big savannah river knife that has been resharpened a bunch. It’s in really good shape! The smaller point is tougher for me to label, maybe it started out as a guilford, and was later repurposed into something woodland. Maybe it’s just a reworked stemmed guilford. Just my 2 cents, from the eastern part of NC. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Very nice that stem point is in great shape .
              The small one in Georgia would be a Bradley Spike But NC.. but your area I would say the Guilford

Comment

That Savannah River was probably twice as big at one time... Looks to have been heavily resharpened
                North Carolina

Comment

Thanks for all the responses! Definitely alot of knowledge here, thank you.

Comment

Beautiful Savannah congratulations!
                    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Working...
                    X