I’m Back! Two finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m Back! Two finds

Hello everyone, my wife and I just moved to SC, and we found what I believe to be two arrowheads while visiting NC. I’m out of practice, and wanted to make sure that’s what these are. Thanks guys- I have a tough time on water worn specimens. We were hunting for garnets and sapphires when we found these.
    If both artifact and hunter lie idle, they will not meet.

Looks like a couple of curiously shaped rocks but that’s it just rocks.

Comment

They are very close as far as shapes... They both have projectile point looks to them...and the quartz material is all over NC... The white one is so very close to a morrow mountain point that I would have taken it home...looks like you scored some garnets and corrundrum ruby!
      North Carolina

Comment

Thanks guys! I’m pretty certain about the milky quartz one, just uncertain about the brown one!
        If both artifact and hunter lie idle, they will not meet.

Comment

first one is just a flake second one looks like a small morrow mountain point to me. Quartz points can be very crudely formed . Nice garnet finds
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Yes MM but I am lost in those gem stones !
            thats the score there . I would have something made for your wife . Find a creative jeweler.

Comment

Welcome to the Carolinas eannis6! Lots of good places to find garnets and sapphires around looks like a possible water worn Morrow to me.
              N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Cool items you found. Water worn is what I was thinking. On points like that sometimes one can never be 100% certain. Are these from the beach?
                New Jersey

Comment

Working...
                X