Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross

Hi Everyone,

I am a brand new member and glad to be part of your community. I have something that I did not find but I purchased. I live in Bay City, Michigan which had a very large Indian reservation at one time. Now I am not saying that this item came from here, but just wanted to give you my location. I have never seen something like this and I don't believe it is super old, maybe a little over 200 years when that missionaries came to this country. You will see why I am saying this when you look at the picture. Please let me know what you think. Also what you think it maybe worth, even thou I will not sell it. Trying to build up my collection. Like I said the only reason why I bought it was because I had never seen one before and don't think the seller knew what he was selling. I bought it at an auction. Thank you and glad to be here.

That is modern not anywhere close to 200 years old. Maybe 200 days old.

Comment

Nice piece but I believe it is modern. Probably within the last 20 or so years. Have seen many of them all a little different but same basic shape. Usually sold at tourist spots.
      SE IA

Comment

I agree modern piece for sure probably made in India quick google search turned these up on etsy. Try and get your money back. https://www.etsy.com/listing/6001556...d-shaped-agate

seeing as the ones that are drilled are 3.95 un drilled are probably less. My guess is you can probably get a 100 of these for 25 cents apiece if you know the source in India. If you are trying to build up a collection try buying some books first and educating yourself. I have overstreets for sale in our store page and there are many other fine artifacts for sale there by various artifact sellers.
        Last edited by Hoss; 08-17-2019, 04:07 PM.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Tam
          Tam commented
          Editing a comment
          That link is ...Perfect Hoss !

PS show us some of your metal detecting finds. Welcome to arrowheads.com
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Welcome to AH.com , I agree with the others
          east Tx.

Comment

welcome to forum and that looks like a gift shop piece made in India. I bought several of ones similar to yours to put in my rock tumbler. the only one I can find is one that been tumbled. Neat piece but not something I would want in my N.A. collection. Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6578.JPG
Views:	191
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	386166
            South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Well Thankfully I didn't get taken for much. I only paid $5.00 at the auction. We are always learning. Thanks for the information thou.

Comment

• Jethro355
                Jethro355 commented
                Editing a comment
                It’s good to learn.
                There are lots of people selling fake stuff out there...👍👍

• SurfaceHunter
                SurfaceHunter commented
                Editing a comment
                At least it wasn’t a expensive lesson to learn. Once at a show I traded with a guy that walked in I won’t do that twice. He got the better deal

Yep , copy of an exotic . Like willjo said there are some really nice jasper and other lithics made into arrowheads coming out of India online .
              Good for people making jewelry and hobbies . That’s about the price.

Comment

Your a newbie alright........welcome to the forum. Artifacts are found in the ground.

Comment

Working...
                X