West central Missouri surface find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West central Missouri surface find

Just found this today and was wondering if someone could help me out with ID. I was thinking it might be a Wadlow since the Wadlow is thought to be the preform for the Etley...and I have found several Etley points in the area, but it doesn't quite look right to be a Wadlow to me. The base seems to be ground to my untrained eye. I would just be happy to know if it's archaic or woodland. Thanks in advance for the assistance.

I am absolutely useless when it comes to preform types, but I will say, it looks pretty cool! Nice find!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Good to see you finding something, Army!

i have no idea, but it’s awesome, whatever it is.
      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Looks like a knife to me but I don’t know for sure.
        NW Georgia,

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
          Lindenmeier-Man commented
          Editing a comment
          I think you are correct...And yes you know..

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks I don’t want to sound like a know it all always learning new things

I’ll chime in on big knife ...looks to be 4in plus

Comment

That's a really nice artifact save. The tip seems to be made of a chert that was almost unworkable. But the rest of the blade has been worked into a fine blade. You might want to check the area again for a cache of them......

Comment

• armyman5k
            armyman5k commented
            Editing a comment
            They ran into a small stack towards the tip on one side and that's why the tip is a little funky. Thank you.

Can’t help much on ID but congrats on a beautiful find!
          Jackson County, Mo

Comment

Nice finds. Large one is a knife and the small one I really can't tell it is about expended but it kinda has a hardin base but can't see the flaking so dont know .
            SE IA

Comment

Working...
            X